Lost Forest Games
Based in Horsham, UK
Winter Hall is a game about Death. It's Gone Home meets Quantum Leap - you leap through time into other people's bodies to experience the ravages of the Black Death.
We want to make a game which confronts the inevitability of death, but which also shows you that your actions in life are a form of immortality. The themes of Winter Hall are the human response to illness and death, and the interactive creation of alternative narratives as an allegory on free will and mortality.
- Explore and survive 8 configurations of Winter Hall in 1349, 1599, 1899, 1987 and 2017.
- Discover Story Fragments and use them to build new stories and change the past.
- Take control of many different lives, talk to other characters and discover their stories.
- Return repeatedly to the last hours of each life.
- See the effects of your choices in the Winter Hall of the future.
- Face a terrifying personification of Death itself.
Developing Beyond July Demo Playthrough YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Winter Hall. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Funded by Developing Beyond" (A competition set up by Epic Games and The Wellcome Trust)
- "Funded by the UK Games Fund" (A UK government fund set up to help develop and prototype games)
Aaron Miller is creating an original soundtrack for Winter Hall aaronmilleronline.com.
Olly Lawson created all concept images olly.artstation.com.
Lost Forest Logo by Flora McLachlan floramclachlan.co.uk.
About Lost Forest Games
Lost Forest Games is an indie game microstudio; Developing Beyond semi-finalist; and the creator of Winter Hall. Our horror is an English horror – based on the landscape, history and culture of England. It’s based on the fear of death, isolation, and dark acts from history. Think of the Folk Horror of The Wicker Man, Penda’s Fen or The Stone Tape – and the ghost stories of M. R. James.
More information on Lost Forest Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Winter Hall Credits
Founder/Designer, Lost Forest Games