Lost Forest Games
Based in Horsham, UK
Winter Hall is a game of time-travelling English Folk Horror. It's Gone Home meets Quantum Leap - you leap through time into other people's bodies and experience a chilling ghost story.
Winter Hall is about life and death in the English landscape. It's a game inspired by Alan Garner, M.R. James and the English Folk Horror of "The Wicker Man" and "Witchfinder General" - a horror of the layering of lives and the connections between them.
- Unlock and explore Winter Hall over 6 time periods
- Leap into the bodies of other people and experience their lives
- Talk to long-dead ghosts and try to change history for the better
- Experience an evolving present-day version of Winter Hall which changes based on your choices
- Discover the roots of an ancient evil which has cursed the Hall for 600 years
Winter Hall Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Winter Hall. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Second Prize, Developing Beyond" (A competition set up by Epic Games and The Wellcome Trust)
- "UK Games Fund Round 3 - Funded Project" (A UK government development grant)
Aaron Miller is creating an original soundtrack for Winter Hall aaronmilleronline.com.
Olly Lawson created all concept images olly.artstation.com.
Lost Forest Logo by Flora McLachlan floramclachlan.co.uk.
About Lost Forest Games
Lost Forest Games is an indie game microstudio; Developing Beyond finalist; and the creator of Winter Hall. Our horror is an English horror – based on the landscape, history and culture of England. It’s based on the fear of death, isolation, and dark acts from history. Think of the Folk Horror of The Wicker Man, Penda’s Fen or The Stone Tape – and the folk horror of Alan Garner or the ghost stories of M. R. James.
More information on Lost Forest Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Winter Hall Credits
Founder/Designer, Lost Forest Games